Product Liability Lawsuit Funding
Product liability lawsuit funding allow victims of injuries attributed to design or manufacturing defects in products obtain a cash advance against the expected settlement of their lawsuit. A defective product is one that proves to be unsafe when used as intended and in accordance with any warnings that the manufacturer supplied with the product. The defendant in a product liability lawsuit can include the manufacturer, distributor, and even the retailer.
Product liability lawsuit funding has no upfront fees and no monthly payments while you wait for your case to settle. You do not need to have a job. If there is no recovery in your case, then you owe nothing back. Your credit score does not matter as long as you are not currently in Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy.
Some of the types of product liability situations for which lawsuit funding can be obtained include (but are not limited to) the following.
- Zyprexa Settlement
- Vioxx Settlement
- Ortho Evra Settlement
- Work-Related Injuries (Third-Party Cases caused by equipment defects)
- Injuries from consumer products (e.g. vehicles, tires, drugs, foods, recreational equipment, gas grills, home appliances, tools, ladders, medical devices)
- Injuries from industrial products (e.g. tools, ladders, lifts, cranes. farm machinery, construction equipment)
The types of injuries that qualify for personal injury lawsuit funding include (but are not limited to) the following.
- herniated spinal disks
- bone fractures
- shoulder injuries (e.g. rotator cuff and torn muscles)
- knee injuries (e.g. torn meniscus, torn ligaments)
- burn injuries
- eye injuries
- brain injuries
- an injury requiring surgery
- loss of body part (e.g. amputations)
- injuries resulting in death
- soft tissue injuries (the advances in soft tissue injuries are usually smaller if these are the most serious injuries in the case because the overall case value is lower)
The following cases do NOT qualify for personal injury lawsuit funding.
- Cases where you were responsible for causing the accident
- Cases where the attorney is being paid by hourly retainer, or you are acting as your own attorney
- Cases where the settlement will be paid by a person rather than an insurance company
- Cases where the plaintiff (injured party) is a minor (under 18 years of age)
The documents we need to see for product liability lawsuit funding include the following.
- attorney/client retainer agreement (optional)
- police/incident report (if exists)
- witness statements (if exists)
- video of the incident (if exists)
- proof of drug usage and time frame when the drug was used (for drug-related cases)
- the settlement agreement (for drug-related cases)
- expert report (product design defects, health effects of drugs)
- complaint document (if a lawsuit has been filed-most cases are settled via negotiation before a lawsuit is filed with the court)
- medical records (e.g. emergency room reports, X-ray reports, MRI reports, CAT scan reports, surgical reports, doctors narrative reports describing the status of injuries)
- death certificate (for cases involving death)
- proof of defendant’s insurance
- payoff amounts for any prior lawsuit funding advances you may already have
Several basic questions about lawsuit finding are answered on the page FAQ’s About Lawsuit Funding.
If you have additional questions, or if you would like to learn if your lawsuit qualifies for lawsuit funding, please click here to contact us